The Taylor Fund 2023
The Taylor Fund
The Taylor Fund was named for Mother Kathleen Taylor and it is a way for us to honour her keen interest in the arts and the long involvement of the Ursuline Sisters in teaching and promoting the arts. The Fund is directed to the encouragement and support of projects that are justice-oriented, focused on women and young girls and involving some artistic element.
Renewed interest in the performing and visual arts as a potent expression of the hopes and dreams of those seeking social and ecological justice is evident in many areas, particularly in grassroots, popular movements. It is our hope to provide much needed financial assistance in these areas.
APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN…….
BEFORE MARCH 31, 2023
(Fund Disbursement will be made after May 1, 2023)
It is important that your project reflect what the Ursuline Sisters of Chatham have said about themselves, that they are:
- women with an option for justice and the poor
- women for women
- women who believe that “the earth is precious to God and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its Creator”
- women who accept diversity with loving trust and respect for one another, committed to live in mutuality and dialogue
APPLICATION FORM FOR TAYLOR PROJECT FUNDS
The Taylor Fund provides financial assistance for projects that:
- Are justice oriented
- Involve women and/or youth in the performing and visual arts
- Express the dreams of social and/or ecological justice
- Connect with grassroots popular movements
Since these funds are granted to Canadian groups which meet criteria responding to specific needs not being met by government agencies, applicants are asked to complete the following form. The project must have an educational component and be recommended by a Chatham Ursuline Sister, Companion or Seeds of Hope Member.